Page 53 - Palo Verde College 2018-2019 Student Handbook / Planner
P. 53

                                RETURN OF FINANCIAL AID FUNDS
Palo Verde College will determine the amount of federal financial aid that a student has earned in accordance with federal law.
Federal Grant recipients that withdraw from ALL their classes (prior to 60% of the semester) or receive all F’s or F’s and W’s will be held responsible for all funds that Palo Verde College owes back after the Return to Title IV calculation is performed. Should the student fail to repay these funds there will be a hold placed on their records and they will not be able to enroll in the future. See Refunds and Return of Title IV Funds section.
See a counselor or advisor immediately and discuss your academic or personal reasons for leaving. Maybe there are services (such as tutoring or personal support) that will help you remain in school. Speak with your teachers; see what advice and assistance they can offer.
Please work with the Financial Aid Office. If it is determined that you owe money back to the federal program, you can arrange for regular payments with the federal government without losing your student aid eligibility. It is important to take care of the details before you go. If you leave without making arrangements for repayment of funds you owe, the Financial Aid Office will put a national hold on your student aid eligibility.
1. Apply online at or over the phone at
1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). PALO VERDE COLLEGE FEDERAL SCHOOL CODE IS 001259
2. Do not leave any questions unanswered unless indicated on the form to skip or leave blank. If the answer is zero or none, put a zero in the answer space to that particular item.
3. Use whole dollar amounts only. Do not use cents.
4. You must provide your social security number (SSN). If you do not provide your SSN, your application unprocessed.
5. All students applying for a Cal Grant will have their GPA submitted electronically by the college if they have completed 24 units or more. If the students has not completed more than 24 units they will need to take the form to the last high school of attendance for completion. Your application must be postmarked no later than March 2, 2017,
to be considered for a Cal Grant. California Community College students have an additional deadline of September 2, 2017 to apply for the Cal Grant (you must be enrolled in a California Community College for Fall 2017).
6. Students must re-apply each school year for financial aid.
7. Students may be required to provide an IRS Income Tax Transcript (and their parent’s if dependent) to the Financial Aid Office. Other forms may be required if the student or their parents receive non-taxable income.
8. All California residents wishing to apply for the EOPS Program must pick up a separate application form from the EOPS Office.
9. Awardstoeligiblestudentsaremadebyaprioritysystem,withfirstprioritygoingto

   51   52   53   54   55