Page 17 - Palo Verde College 2018-2019 Student Handbook / Planner
P. 17

                                STUDENT SERVICES
You may be eligible for financial assistance to help you meet your educational expenses. The Financial Aid Office is located in Student Services in the John O. Crain Building. Many different kinds of financial aid exist. To apply, complete the FAFSA (Free Application
for Federal Student Aid) on-line at For more information regarding Financial Aid please refer to the Financial Aid Handbook located in the back of the Student Handbook.
Federal law requires men 18 through 25 years old, to be registered with the Selective Service System. The law applies to male citizens and immigrant aliens, but not to foreign students who hold valid student visas. Men must be registered with the selective service before they can receive Federal financial aid for school. Registration forms are available in the Student Services Office and at any post office. You can also register online by visiting the Selective Service at
For more information regarding Financial Aid or Selective Services please stop by the Financial Aid Office or call 760.921.5553.
1. Consult with a counselor. The counselor will answer your questions and review your Student Education Plan with you. The counselor will let you know if the courses
you have chosen will fit into your Student Education Plan. The counselor will also interpret your assessment scores and advise you as to which level of mathematics and English will be appropriate choices for your program.
2. Please visit to register and pay for your classes.
3. FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES (to add or delete classes) please see a counselor as the changes you make can affect your educational plan and your ability to receive your degree or certificate in a timely manner.
There are many important dates that you will need to know throughout the semester, please refer to the Calendar section in the handbook.
Counselors are often available on a drop-in basis, but it is best to make an appointment. Counselors are located in the College Services building. Educational planning, career guidance, and personal counseling are the main services provided. The role of the counselor is to HELP YOU SUCCEED. Any time you encounter a problem, whether it is academic or personal, a counselor can help or direct you to the appropriate source for assistance. To make an appointment please call 760.921.5500.

   15   16   17   18   19