Page 56 - Palo Verde College 2018-2019 Student Handbook / Planner
P. 56

                                • You were born before January 1, 1994
• You are married.
• You are enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program (beyond a bachelor’s degree).
• You have children who receive more than half their support from you between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018
• You have dependents (other than children or a spouse) who live with you and who receive more than half their support from you and will continue to receive more than half of their support from you through June 30, 2018
• You are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces.
• You were at any time since age 13, in foster care, a dependent/ward of the court or both parents deceased.
• It has been decided by a court in your state of legal residence that you are an emancipated minor or that you are in a legal guardianship.
• At any time on or after July 1, 2016, you were determined to be an unaccompanied youth who was homeless, as determined by (a) your High School or district homeless liaison or (b) the director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
• At any time after July 1, 2016, did the director of a runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program determine that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or were self-supporting and at being at risk of being homeless.
This is a federal program for undergraduate students to help pay for their education after high school. Eligible students can receive Federal Pell Grants for the time necessary to complete the first baccalaureate degree. Pell award for the school year 2017-2018 range from $596-$5920. How much you receive is based on your EFC (Expected Family Contribution), the cost of education at Palo Verde College, whether you are a full-time, three-quarter time, part-time, or less than half- time student and the number of semesters attended during the school year.
FSEOG is an award to help you pay for your education after high school. It is for undergraduate students with the lowest (EFC) Expected Family Contribution (with priority given to Pell Grant recipients). Due to limited funds, grants will be given to those students with the lowest EFC until all funds are awarded. Awards range from $100 – $700 per year.

   54   55   56   57   58