Fox Valley Technical College | 2017-2018 Student Handbook - page 207

Refund Policy
Refunds are processed according to the Wisconsin Technical College System Refund Policy. Wisconsin
Technical College 10.08, Wisconsin Administrative Code, establishes the requirements for district
policies and procedures related to student fee refunds. Refunds are applicable only from the date you
officially drop the class through Enrollment Services or MyFVTC. FVTC will not drop classes for you
for nonpayment. All references to student fees mean applicable program fees (including online course
fees), material fees and out-of-state tuition and any fees established in lieu of these fees. Refunds are
based on the official start date of the class, not by the date you first attend/access the class or obtain the
class materials. For a full description of the Refund Policy visit
Student Records
It is the policy of Fox Valley Technical College to comply with the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). This is designed to protect the privacy of educational records; to establish
the right of students to inspect their records; and to provide guidelines for the retention, disclosure
and correction of those records. This act applies to all institutions that are the recipients of federal aid
administered by the Secretary of Education. For further information and to review the FERPA policy you
can go to the following link:
Students may request transcripts of their records any time. For complete information on how to request
an official transcript, visit
Withdrawal from Class(es)
It is the student’s responsibility to officially withdraw from the class or classes in order to receive any
applicable refund. Refunds are subject to the Student Finance Refund Policy. Withdrawing from a class
can be done online via MyFVTC or in-person at Enrollment Services. For more information, go to the
following link:
Withdrawing and Financial Aid
Dropping classes in a funded term may result in becoming ineligible to receive financial aid for that term
and potentially future terms. This means that your financial aid may be reduced resulting in you owing
money back to FVTC and/or governmental agencies. Please see our “Financial Aid FAQ” section, “What
happens if I drop a class after the semester starts?” at
for more details.
Withdrawal from Program or College
To withdraw from a program or from the college, you must go to the following link (
fvtcforms) and select “Program Withdrawal” to create a record of your withdrawal. If you are changing
or adding programs you must contact Counseling Services at (920) 735-5696.
I...,197,198,199,200,201,202,203,204,205,206 208,209,210
Powered by FlippingBook